Straight Up Strings for Mandolin - 6 Pak
Straight Up Strings represent a paradigm shift in mandolin string technology that features compensated down pressures for the E and G strings that are positioned near the posts and for the A and D strings that are positioned in the middle of the saddle on conventional two-post adjustable bridges.
Compensated down pressures provides excellent string-to-string balance, clarity, and sustain. Wound strings feature phosphor bronze wrap wire. Straight Up Strings are made to our demanding specifications and quality control to deliver the optimum solution for a balanced-sounding mandolin.
These unique strings offer 5 key features:
1) Compensated down pressures adjust for the difference in energy transmission of string pairs near the bridge's posts compared to string pairs that sit in the middle of the saddle.
2) Down pressure of each string is calculated at a 16° string-break angle, and the wire diameter for plain and wound strings is precisely engineered to ensure excellent string-to-string balance and improved intonation.
3) Unique core-to-wrap ratio and winding tensions were designed to improve the tone-color relationship between wound and plain strings.
4) Phosphor bronze wrap wire delivers a powerful response throughout the full range of the instrument.
5) ISO 226-2003 equal-loudness contours applied to enhance the perception of an evenly distributed and balanced tonal range.
Each 6-PAK comes with a handy cloth roadie bag that includes a Straight Up Strings microfiber string wipe to keep your strings clean and free from corrosion.
Save 10% when you buy a Straight Up Strings 6-PAK!
Strings gauges include:
#2500-M, Medium gauge:.0115" .016" .024" .039" Compensated down pressures (pounds)*: E 5.5 A 4.0 D 4.0 G 7.0 - Total down pressure: 41 pounds - Total tension: 179 pounds
#2500-H, Heavy gauge: .0115" .017" .026" .041" Compensated down pressures (pounds)*: E 5.5 A 5.0 D 5.2 G 7.4 - Total down pressure: 46.2 pounds - Total tension: 193.6 pounds
*Down pressures calculated at a 16° string-break angle over bridge.