Straight Up Strings for Banjo - 6 Pak
A paradigm-shift in string design, Straight Up Strings is an exciting development in banjo string technology that features compensated download pressures for the first, third, and fifth strings that sit over feet and for the second and fourth strings that sit over the bridge's arches on conventional three-foot banjo bridges.
Straight Up Strings feature compensated down pressures that provide excellent clarity and sustain in addition to improved string-to-string balance. Our wound fourth string is wrapped with a smooth chromium stainless wire, and each set provides the ultimate solution for a balanced-sounding 5-string banjo.
Straight Up Strings offer 5 key features:
1) Compensated down pressures adjust for the difference in energy transmission of the three strings that sit over the bridge's feet compared to the two strings that sit over arches.
2) Down pressure of each string is calculated at a 15° string break angle, and the wire diameter and core-to-wrap wire combination is precisely engineered to ensure excellent string-to-string balance.
3) Unique core-to-wrap ratio for the D string improves the tone-color relationship between wound and plain strings.
4) Our unique chromium stainless wrap wire gives the wound D string a smooth, rust-free, plain-wire feel.
5) ISO 226-2003 equal-loudness contours applied to enhance the perception of an evenly distributed and balanced tonal range.
Each 6-Pak comes in a handy cloth roadie bag and includes a free Straight Up Strings string wipe to keep your strings clean and free from corrosion.
Save 10% when you buy a 6-Pak!
Straight Up Strings banjo gauges come in three weights (gauges):
#2600-L, Light gauge: .009" .0105" .013" .020" .009" Compensated downloads* (pounds): D 3.4 B 3.2 G 2.9 D 3.4 G 3.4 - Total download: 16.2 pounds - Total tension: 55.6 pounds
#2600-M, Medium gauge: .010" .0115" .013" .020" .010" Compensated downloads* (pounds): D 4.0 B 3.5 G 2.9 D 3.4 G 4.0 - Total download: 17.8 pounds - Total tension: 60.9 pounds
#2600-H, Heavy gauge: .011" .012" .014" .022" .0105" Compensated downloads* (pounds): D 4.5 B 3.7 G 3.2 D 3.7 G 4.3 - Total download: 19.4 pounds - Total tension: 70 pounds
*Download (in pounds) calculated at a 15° string-break angle over bridge.