Straight Up Strings for Mandolin
Straight Up Strings is an exciting new development in mandolin string technology that features compensated download pressures for the E and G strings that rest on the saddle near the post and for the A and D strings that rest in the middle of the saddle on the conventional two-post adjustable bridge. Balanced down pressure provides excellent string-to-string balance, clarity, and sustain. Wound strings feature phosphor bronze wrap wire. Straight Up Strings are made to our demanding specifications and quality control and deliver the optimum solution for a balanced-sounding mandolin.
Strings gauges include:
#2500-M, Medium gauge:.0115" .016" .024" .039" Compensated downloads (pounds)*: E 5.5 A 4.0 D 4.0 G 7.0 - Total download: 41 pounds - Total tension: 179 pounds
#2500-H, Heavy gauge: .0115" .017" .026" .041" Compensated downloads (pounds)*: E 5.5 A 5.0 D 5.2 G 7.4 - Total download: 46.2 pounds - Total tension: 193.6 pounds
*Download calculated at a 16° string-break angle over bridge.
These unique strings offer 5 key features:
1) Compensated downloads adjust for the difference in energy transmission of strings near the bridge's posts compared to strings that sit in the middle of the saddle.
2) Download pressure of each string is calculated at a 16° string-break angle, and the wire diameter for plain and wound strings is precisely engineered to ensure excellent string-to-string balance.
3) Unique core-to-wrap ratio and winding tensions were designed to improve the tone-color relationship between wound and plain strings.
4) Phosphor bronze wrap wire delivers a powerful response throughout the full range of the instrument.
5) ISO 226-2003 equal-loudness contours applied to enhance the perception of an evenly distributed and balanced tonal range.