Straight Up Strings for Guitar
A major paradigm shift in musical string design, Straight Up Strings is an exciting development in guitar strings features compensated torque loads to balance the twisting force at the bridge that drives the soundboard. String tensions are compensated for the relative tensions of neighboring strings as well as where each string sits on the bridge (i.e., inner or outer strings). Straight Up Strings come in single sets or cost-saving 6-Paks. Manufactured to our demanding specifications and quality control, these unique strings boast a phosphor bronze wrap wire and offer 5 key features:
1) Each string's linear tension is compensated relative to its location on the bridge as well as to the tension of adjacent strings to uniformly control the torque (twisting) action of the bridge that drives the soundboard.
2) Core-to-wrap wire combinations are engineered to improve brightness, sustain, balance, and tone color between the plain B string and the wound G string.
3) Compensated tensions deliver excellent string-to-string balance and improved intonation on all strings.
4) Compensated tensions ensure equal "feel" for picking choking, bending, and fretting.
5) Tensions and torque loads are calculated on a bell-shaped curve to adjust for ISO 226-2003 equal-loudness contours.
... every note of every chord
• Packaging options:
• Our 6-Paks offer discount pricing, come in a handy cloth storage bag, and include a free Straight Up Strings microfiber string wipe.
• Our gauges are typically a bit lighter than comparable sets, such that our "lights" are a bit lighter than the average "light" gauge set, our "mediums" are a bit lighter than the average "medium" set, etc.
• Our Enhanced Bass (EB) set is a variation of our guitar-heavy set and is designed to enhance your guitar's bass response, especially on new guitars or on guitars with rosewood backs and sides, both of which produce a typically bright (treble) tone.
Straight Up String gauges for guitar are:
#2700-L, Light gauge: .011" .015" .0215" .030" .042" .0525" Compensated torque loads*: E 15.0 B 17.6 G 20.6 D 22.8 A 21.9 E 21.0 - Total torque: 118.9 inch pounds - Total tension: 138.5 pounds
#2700-M, Medium gauge: .012" .016" .0215" .030" .044" .0535" Compensated torque loads*: E 17.2 B 19.3 G 20.6 D 22.8 A 24.9 E 21.9 - Total torque: 126.7 inch pounds - Total tension: 146.5 pounds
#2700-H, Heavy gauge: .013" .0165" .0235" .034" .045" .0555" Compensated torque loads*: E 19.3 B 22.8 G 24.6 D 25.8 A 29.9 E 22.6 - Total torque: 143.9 inch pounds - Total tension: .167.5 pounds
#2700-EB, Enhanced Bass: .013" .0185" .026" .035" .0465" .0565" Compensated torque loads*: E 19.3 B 24.6 G 30.5 D 29.8 A 28.7 E 24.8 - Total torque: 157.7 inch pounds - Total tension: .182.5 pounds
*Torque loads are calculated in inch pounds for a bridge fitted with a saddle that is 7/16˝ above the soundboard.
String showdown by Jeremy Travlos - comparing Straight Up Strings to D'Addario Elixir's (independent video, 8.6 min.)