Straight Up Strings for Mandolin
Straight Up Strings for mandolin represent a paradigm shift in musical string technology that features compensated down pressures for the E and G string courses that are positioned on the bridge saddle near the posts and for the A and D string courses that are positioned in the middle of the saddle (further from the posts) on conventional two-post adjustable mandolin bridges.
Compensated down pressures provides excellent string-to-string balance, clarity, and sustain. Wound strings feature phosphor bronze wrap wire. Straight Up Strings are made to our demanding specifications and quality control to deliver the optimum solution for a powerful and balanced-sounding mandolin. Straight Up Strings come in single sets or cost-saving 6-Paks.
Straight Up Strings feature these 5 key benefits:
1) Compensated down pressures adjust for the difference in energy transmission of string pairs near the bridge's posts compared to string pairs that sit in the middle of the saddle.
2) Down pressure of each string is calculated at a 16° string-break angle, and the wire diameter for plain and wound strings is precisely engineered to ensure excellent string-to-string balance and improved intonation.
3) Unique core-to-wrap ratio and winding tensions were designed to enhance the tone-color relationship between wound and plain strings.
4) Phosphor bronze wrap wire delivers a powerful response throughout the full range of the instrument.
5) ISO 226-2003 equal-loudness contours applied to enhance the perception of an evenly distributed and balanced tonal range.
... every note of every chord!
• Packaging options:
Our 6-Paks offer discount pricing, come in a handy cloth storage bag, and include a free Straight Up Strings microfiber string wipe.
Straight Up String gauges for mandolin include:
#2500-M, Medium gauge:.0115" .016" .024" .039" Compensated down pressures (pounds)*: E 5.5 A 4.0 D 4.0 G 7.0 - Total down pressure: 41 pounds - Total linear tension: 179 pounds
#2500-H, Heavy gauge: .0115" .017" .026" .041" Compensated down pressures (pounds)*: E 5.5 A 5.0 D 5.2 G 7.4 - Total down pressure: 46.2 pounds - Total linear tension: 193.6 pounds
*Down pressures calculated at a 16° string-break angle over bridge.
Information Sheet – Mandolin Strings