Straight Up Strings for Resophonic Guitar
Straight Up Strings delivers a paradigm shift in musical string design for the resophonic (Dobro™ and similar) guitar and feature compensated downloads that are presented to the bridge segments and the spider. String tensions are engineered to adjust for the relative tensions of neighboring strings as well as where each string sits on the bridge segments (i.e., inner or outer strings). Straight Up Strings come in single sets or cost-saving 6-Paks.
These unique strings boast a smooth phosphor bronze wrap wire, and offer 7 key features:
1) Each string's download pressure is compensated relative to its location on the bridge segments as well as to the tension of adjacent strings, to uniformly control the down pressure on the bridge and spider that ultimately drive the cone.
2) String diameters are designed to provide an even plane (playing surface) for the bar.
3) Tensions are calculated to deliver equal lateral pressure for identical "feel" for barring and single-note work.
4) Core-to-wrap wire combinations are engineered to improve the relative brightness, sustain, balance, and tone color between the plain high B string and the wound high G string.
5) Compensated tensions deliver excellent string-to-string balance and improved straight-bar intonation on all strings.
6) Our compensated tensions ensure equal "feel" for picking and barring.
7) Tensions and torque loads are calculated on a proprietary bell-shaped curve to adjust for ISO 226-2003 equal-loudness contours.
... every note of every chord!
• Packaging options:
Our 6-Paks offer discount pricing, come in a handy cloth storage bag, and include a free Straight Up Strings microfiber string wipe.
Straight Up String gauges for the resophonic guitar are:
#2800-M, medium gauge: .0165˝ .019˝ .0265˝ .035˝ .047˝ .057˝.
Downloads and tensions for open G tuning: Compensated downloads on the spider (ounces)*: D 8.3 B 8.4 G 8.4 D 8.3 B 8.2 G 8.3.
Total compensated download on spider: 49.9 ounces (3.11 pounds).
Total string tension at tailpiece: 174 pounds (calculated on 24.5˝ scale).
*Per string at a 3° string-break angle over bridge.