Straight Up Strings for Banjo
A paradigm-shift in string design, Straight Up Strings is an exciting development in banjo string gauging and core/wrap technology with compensated down pressures for the first, third, and fifth strings that sit over feet, and for the second and fourth strings that sit over the bridge's arches on conventional three-foot banjo bridges.
Straight Up Strings feature compensated down pressures that provide excellent clarity and sustain in addition to improved string-to-string balance. The plain strings and the core wire for the wound string is a semi-elastic carbon-steel wire that ensures excellent sustain, accurate intonation, and long life. Our wound fourth string is wrapped with a smooth chromium stainless wire for reduced finger noise, and each set provides the ultimate solution for a balanced-sounding 5-string banjo. Straight Up Strings come in single sets or cost-saving 6-Paks.
Straight Up Strings offer 5 key features and benefits:
1) Compensated down pressures adjust for the difference in energy transmission of the three strings that sit over the bridge's feet relative to the two strings that sit over arches.
2) Download pressure of each string is calculated at a 15° string break angle, and the wire diameter and core-to-wrap wire combination is precisely engineered to ensure excellent intonation and string-to-string balance.
3) Unique core-to-wrap ratio for the D string improves the tone-color relationship between the one wound and four plain (unwound) strings.
4) Our unique chromium stainless wrap wire gives the wound D string a smooth, rust-free, plain-wire feel.
5) ISO 226-2003 equal-loudness contours are applied to enhance the perception of an evenly distributed and balanced tonal range.
... every note of every chord!
• PACKAGING OPTIONS:
Our 6-Paks offer discount pricing, come in a handy cloth storage bag, and include a free Straight Up Strings microfiber string wipe.
Straight Up Strings banjo gauges come in three weights (gauges):
#2600-L, Light gauge: .009" .0105" .013" .020" .009" Compensated downloads* (pounds): D 3.4 B 3.2 G 2.9 D 3.4 G 3.4 - Total download: 16.2 pounds - Total tension: 55.6 pounds
#2600-M, Medium gauge: .010" .0115" .013" .020" .010" Compensated downloads* (pounds): D 4.0 B 3.5 G 2.9 D 3.4 G 4.0 - Total download: 17.8 pounds - Total tension: 60.9 pounds
#2600-H, Heavy gauge: .011" .012" .014" .022" .0105" Compensated downloads* (pounds): D 4.5 B 3.7 G 3.2 D 3.7 G 4.3 - Total download: 19.4 pounds - Total tension: 70 pounds
*Download (pounds) calculated at a 15° string-break angle over bridge.